Cutes blog on the block

Monday, September 24, 2012

October Project

Wow, fall is in full swing and it is almost October!  I absolutely love this time of year, the leaves are starting to change color the morning is air is starting to be crisp and cold and the best part is...my birthday is coming up.  I think that naturally we enjoy the season that our birthdays are in.  October just happens to be my favorite month :).  I cannot wait to do more fall projects, and I am also already getting excited to do some holiday projects.  The holiday catalog came out earlier than normal this year, so I have started getting ideas of how I want to use the new products (christmas in July).  I am trying really hard to stay in the current season as much as possible so that the holiday's don't rush by like they sometimes can! 
So with the current season in mind, here is the project that we are going to be doing for Hosstess club in October!  It is a card and box made from basic black, very vanilla, and tangerine tango card stock.  I used the Howlstood & Scaring Bone (#126906 - $10.95) designer series paper, the 1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon (#127837 - $7.95), and the Toxic Treats (#127901 - $20.95) stamp set from the Stampin' Up 2012 Holiday Catalog

This treat "bag" is made using DSP and the simply scored tool.  I can't wait to fill it with goodies and treat a friend!

I just love this stamp set, it is the perfect Halloween set!  Not too scary, but just the right amount of spook!  It has a rustic element to it, but can be used in a playful way too.

This is an idea that I cased from a fellow demonstrator.  The ribbon is "frayed" by cutting the binded edges off of both sides and then pulling and fraying the fibers to create this spider like effect.

If you would like to make either of these projects or if you are interested in joining my Hosstess club, send me an e-mail or comment on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment